What makes a good ad?
Ultimately follow one simple rule – Less is More.
A good ad should:
– Connect with its audience
– Memorable and easily recalled
– Provides information quickly
– Doesn’t confuse the viewer
– No need to hunt for information
It is okay to have white space. An effective advert doesn’t overload the viewer with information. It allows the message to catch the audiences attention and connect with them.
A good print ad includes four elements:
– A provocative image
– A strong headline
– A paragraph or two or well written copy
– A logo and/or contact information
A good outdoor ad includes:
– A single easy to recognisable image
– Only 3 – 5 words, any more than that and it’ll be missed
– A clear logo or branding